Being climate-conscious and sustainable is not only the most responsible thing to do, it is also good for one’s balance sheet. One of the easiest ways to adopt a sustainable approach is by renting your power solutions equipment. So you not only end up saving money but the environment too. Need more convincing? Here are some helpful points that can help:
- Reduced Carbon Footprint- The impact on your carbon footprint begins right from the purchasing and manufacturing process. Right from manufacturing to transporting to installation, the environment is impacted. Considering the fact that this is multiplied across all companies, then the environmental impact becomes more direct. Add to the fact that when the equipment lies unused, it deteriorates. When the equipment is finally used, it ends up requiring a higher power input, thus growing your carbon footprint. Renting, on the other hand, reduces the overall number of machines being made, purchased, and used, thus reducing carbon emissions. Renting equipment is also the latest model, thus requiring lower power input.
- Energy-efficient machinery- Reducing one’s energy consumption not only saves on bills but is good for the environment too. This is precisely why the latest generator technology is energy efficient, consuming less fuel for more power output. However, one can’t simply keep up with the new technologies by purchasing them! This is where renting comes in. You get to employ the latest technologies and save your energy bills.
- Less wasteful expenditure- As we saw above, purchasing equipment comes with a huge carbon impact. Now add to that the upkeep, the housing, the repairs, and you have spent a significant amount of money and acquired a huge carbon footprint. Renting your power equipment helps mitigate this to quite an extent. Consider that at the end of the lifecycle, the equipment will go to a scrapyard or be sold for parts and you will realize how big a burden this will be on the environment in the long term.
- Minimizing Inventory storage problems- The more appliances you purchase, the more space you will require to store them when they are not in use. The more storage space one builds the less land there will be for wildlife and trees. When you rent power generator equipment, you don’t have to create a space of your own as the rental company takes care of it. Once your requirement is over, the equipment will be stored at the rental company’s storage at their cost till it is rented out again.
- Sustainable to use a single machine, as compared to new equipment- As discussed above, switching to the latest technology as soon as it comes out is neither fiscally nor environmentally responsible. With renting, you can be assured of the latest technology even if the equipment is not brand new.
So there we are. Five reasons why renting is more sustainable. But who to rent from? and Why? Energia of course! For nearly a decade Energia has been providing quality power/welding/lighting/cooling solutions to its customers and helping them walk the path of sustainability. Our products are effective and efficient and we also provide power generation equipment that uses renewable power sources instead of traditional diesel. So the next time you need a generator, think of the environment and rent instead of buying!